[Lcdproc] Re: new very interesting problem with HD44780 in 4bit

  • From: marvin AT sitour.cz (Daniel Smolik)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: new very interesting problem with HD44780 in 4bit
  • Date: Tue Dec 4 11:55:01 2001

Joris Robijn wrote:

> > I have found big problem with initializing my 16x2 display
> > in 4bit mode. I have solution but I don't know how my patch
> > work.
> > But now I have new problem that can help me solve this. I
> > have two displays (the same) but when I send string "p"
> > first displays "p"
> > but second "1/4". I try experiment with DelayMult and
> > DelayBus but nothing. Have anybody the same problem ?
>
> I think we have! Or is this a very new problem ? Version ?
Initialization it is old problem but "p" this is new :-). I
have use 0.4.1 and cvs version (month ago) with patched
hd44780_init.
About this patch a wrote you may be month ago. I promise
that I try test it and send you a report.

> We have been searching for a problem for some time. For others it
> seemed an initialization problem. When they started lcdtext or an
> other version of lcdproc first, everything worked fine.
Yes it is problem with initialization.

> Have you tried that ?
>
> I would very much like to know what the problem is. Because it was
> solved for others by doing an extra initialization, I think it is
> something with the delays in init. Can you investigate ?
I increase all delays in init and nothing help. I will
investigate :-).

Dan

--
Daniel Smolik