[Lcdproc] FW: LCD only 4*20 Backlit unit with 16 pin interface top left cor ner

  • From: Collin.Baillie AT world.net (Collin Baillie)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] FW: LCD only 4*20 Backlit unit with 16 pin interface top left cor ner
  • Date: Tue Dec 4 03:31:01 2001

Hi Guys,

Recently I posted some Australian suppliers of LCD's. I listed an LCD by
RTNollet and someone else posted that they were good and cheap.

The ones with built in serial interface and everything costs $121 (~$60 US)
Is this a good price? Otherwise they also have listed the LCD by itself for
$38 Australian. (~$20 US). At the bottom of this email is the reply from Ron
Nollet about this plain LCD and the attached PDFs which he sent me. (Had to
remove these so this email can go thru. I have no website to stick them on,
but I can email them to anyone who asks)

Here's the description of the LCD screen from the web site (Pricelist):

LCD only 4*20 Backlit unit with 16 pin interface top left corner

Basically I'm asking "Which would be cheaper?" What soldering etc would I be
up for?

Cheers,

Collin Baillie
--
My other computer is a 4000 node Beowulf cluster.