[Lcdproc] Re: new very interesting problem with HD44780 in 4bit

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: new very interesting problem with HD44780 in 4bit
  • Date: Tue Dec 4 00:12:01 2001

> I have found big problem with initializing my 16x2 display
> in 4bit mode. I have solution but I don't know how my patch
> work.
> But now I have new problem that can help me solve this. I
> have two displays (the same) but when I send string "p"
> first displays "p"
> but second "1/4". I try experiment with DelayMult and
> DelayBus but nothing. Have anybody the same problem ?

I think we have! Or is this a very new problem ? Version ?

We have been searching for a problem for some time. For others it
seemed an initialization problem. When they started lcdtext or an
other version of lcdproc first, everything worked fine.

Have you tried that ?

I would very much like to know what the problem is. Because it was
solved for others by doing an extra initialization, I think it is
something with the delays in init. Can you investigate ?

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>