[Lcdproc] config_get_string

  • From: David GLAUDE Mailing" <dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE Mailing)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] config_get_string
  • Date: Mon Dec 3 01:19:01 2001

>From: "Joris Robijn"
><joris AT robijn.net>
>
> > BTW: Is a strcpy OK?
>
> Jep. The config stuff accepts up to 200 chars currently and should
> always be terminated correctly. You may need to check if the string
> is not too long for you, or use strncpy and set the last char to \0.
>
> But hey, even if you don't, it's only a driver. You can hardly
> exploit anything here.

Not so sure...
Someone with local access and a way to modify the config file could
trigger the problem. So maybe a local exploit is possible.

> > In another version I've changed the whole way my driver handles data
> > (private_data struct), so I will have to modify that version, too, in
order
> > to commit it.
> > I'll probably do so tomorrow ;)
>
> Can you not let CVS merge the changes ? First (update and) commit
> first one, then (update and) commit second one ? I've used that
> once...

Or you create a diff between your version and the last original one you
used.
Then you update and try to apply you patch.
If it get rejected, try manualy.

David GLAUDE