CFontz ROM version and driver issue was: Re: [Lcdproc] Proble m with 0.4.1 and CFontz

  • From: David GLAUDE Mailing" <dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE Mailing)
  • Subject: CFontz ROM version and driver issue was: Re: [Lcdproc] Proble m with 0.4.1 and CFontz
  • Date: Mon Dec 3 01:05:01 2001

>From: "Eddie Sheldrake"
><EddieS AT softhome.net>
>

> The function CFontz_chr is hardly used at all. It's not used to display
any text that I can tell.
> Some other function is getting the text on the display.

Indeed, most use of _chr are for the Title 255 (or -1) and also internaly
from some bar (hbar/vbar) or BigNum.
I don't like it too much that we use external function internaly.
I think it would be best to have an internal_chr and an external_chr.
That way you could make the change (remapping) only for external call.

This comment is no specific to CFontz, every driver could benefit from this.

David GLAUDE