[Lcdproc] Character set mapping and other API related (was the } issue).

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Character set mapping and other API related (was the } issue).
  • Date: Mon Dec 3 00:48:02 2001

> I am sorry for European (Latin), Greek, East (Cyrilic), Kanji and whatever.
> But LCDd cannot overcome the hardware limitation/variation.
> Maybe we could accomodate a few Latic char for french, dutch, german, ...
> by using custom char on MtxOrb or CrystalFz but is it worth it and
> who want to change the API for that?

Some driver writers have used character mapping to enhance the
displaying of special characters. Many umlaut (") characters are
displayed correctly. But there is no guarantee at all.

> CrystalFontz Rom V2 support a scroller line widget (see the web site).
> This would be possible too by software on a MatrixOrbital LCD and many
> other.
> But to support that we need to change the API (hint hint hint).

What parameters should we need for the call ?

> Where _icon is the NEW API for writing a special char on the LCD
> (might use custom char).

I'm working on it. It's a damn lot of work :) I've already decided to
postpone the modification of the hbar/vbar function for now. It seems
the lcdproc protocol also uses pixels, so we need an extra conversion
anyway :(

Joris

--
Joris Robijn