[Lcdproc] config_get_string

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] config_get_string
  • Date: Sun Dec 2 17:30:02 2001

Rene,

I saw (while debugging) that the use of the configfile functions in
lcdm001.c was not yet completely safe, the string should be copied
(it does currently work, but for how long...). I have made the
comment in the configfile.h file a bit clearer.

char *config_get_string( char * sectionname, char * keyname,
int skip, char * default_value );
// Returns a pointer to the string associated with the specified key.
// The string should never be modified, and used only short-term. You
can
// for example scan it or copy it. In successive calls this function
can
// re-use the data space !

Can you please copy the string ?

Joris