[Lcdproc] Re: About config_ ... and SuperDriver

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: About config_ ... and SuperDriver
  • Date: Sun Dec 2 14:21:01 2001

> Now the reason for this is that,
> whenever multiple instance will be supported in some driver,
> and when someone will try to make the SuperDriver,
> then we will need to start multiple copies of the same driver
> with different parameter (maybe).

That's no problem in the future. It should only be available once
there are loadable drivers. There already is a 'file=' parameter for
a driver (someone mentioned this on the list). In that way you can
indicate what module needs to be loaded. That would also work for
your question:

[server]
driver=MyEnabledDriver
driver=MySecondEnabledDriver
#driver=MyDisabledDriver

[MyEnabledDriver]
file=MtxOrb.so
... here then the other options...

[MySecondEnabledDriver]
file=MtxOrb.so
... here then the other options...

[MyDisabledDriver]
file=MtxOrb.so
... here then the other options...

Note that by default the file= option should be filled in with the
name driver name with ".so" concatenated. So you don't need to
specify file= usually.

> I don't have the solution, but I know something is needed.

Would this suffice ?

Joris

--
Joris Robijn