[Lcdproc] About config_ ... and SuperDriver

  • From: David GLAUDE Mailing" <dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE Mailing)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] About config_ ... and SuperDriver
  • Date: Sat Dec 1 22:54:01 2001

>From: "Joris Robijn"
><joris AT robijn.net>
>Subject: (Fwd) Re: [Lcdproc] CVS: reporting patch

> I've started to wonder if the config_* functions should be put in the
> API. If I am correct they will be available anyway because the
> functions will be dynamically bound automatically when loading the
> driver (in the future). Does any of you know if you can automatically
> use 'external' functions from a loaded module ? Jarda ?

I want to ask if it would be possible to give a parameter at the driver
in the _init call in order to tell the driver "not to read it's normal
[section]"
but to read a specific [alternate-section].

Now the reason for this is that,
whenever multiple instance will be supported in some driver,
and when someone will try to make the SuperDriver,
then we will need to start multiple copies of the same driver
with different parameter (maybe).

I don't have the solution, but I know something is needed.

David GLAUDE