CFontz ROM version and driver issue was: Re: [Lcdproc] Proble m with 0.4.1 and CFontz

  • From: David GLAUDE Mailing" <dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE Mailing)
  • Subject: CFontz ROM version and driver issue was: Re: [Lcdproc] Proble m with 0.4.1 and CFontz
  • Date: Sat Dec 1 22:45:01 2001

> Normally (=ASCII) 255 is the solid block. According to the specs of the
new
> (v2.0) CFontz displays, a CFontz display interprets 255 as "}".
> The specs also say that char 31 should be an almost solid block.
If char 31 is not solid enough for you...
Then you will have to define a custom char for it (way more difficult).

> I can't do so as I don't have a CFontz display ;)
I wish I had a CrystalFontz too...
But I can not help you right now right here.

An yeah you have discovered that = and == (2 here) mean different things.
;-)
Now I guess if (c == 255) make an error/warning it might be that
c is a char and sometime a char is signed this mean from -127 to 128 ???
You could try (c == -1) where -1 and 255 is really the same thing.

C (the language) is sometime a strange thing. ;-)

David GLAUDE