CFontz ROM version and driver issue was: Re: [Lcdproc] Proble m with 0.4.1 and CFontz

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: CFontz ROM version and driver issue was: Re: [Lcdproc] Proble m with 0.4.1 and CFontz
  • Date: Sat Dec 1 20:30:01 2001

"Trout, Karl"
<Karl.Trout AT dowjones.com>
wrote:
> In doing the edit mentioned bellow in the .41 Cfontz.c file, When LCDd is
> launched
> The screen flashes rapidly between the Cfontz init screen and the LCDd
> client/server connections screen. I changed the val of c from 31 to 33 and
> instead of the heartbeat I got a "!" symbol. I think the version I am
> working with, 255 = heartbeat and don't know what 31 is.
> What char # is the solid block?

Normally (=ASCII) 255 is the solid block. According to the specs of the new
(v2.0) CFontz displays, a CFontz display interprets 255 as "}".
The specs also say that char 31 should be an almost solid block.

I guess you've understood, what to change in CFontz_chr ;)
So maybe you could have a look at
http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/632/cgrom.html
and the specs of the old version
http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/632v1.0/
and do some testing.
I can't do so as I don't have a CFontz display ;)

Good luck!

Rene