(Fwd) Re: [Lcdproc] CVS: segfault

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: (Fwd) Re: [Lcdproc] CVS: segfault
  • Date: Sat Dec 1 13:29:01 2001

From: Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>
To:
lcdproc AT lists.omnipotent.net
Subject: Re: [Lcdproc] CVS: segfault
Date sent: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 13:30:27 +0100

> What might cause this?
> I guess it must have something to do with the num_icon array.
> The strange thing is that the curses driver uses the same code but does
> not segfault :(

Allocation ?

> in sed1330.c you used a private_data struct to store data in. Should I do
> the
> same? Might that solve my problems?

I don't think it should solve things. If you want to be able to do
multiple instances, you should put it in the private data space,
instead of having it 'driver-global'.

> Another thing:
> What does this mean?
> screenlist: Didn't find screen 0x 805d9d0!

I've seen that too. If I remember correctly, it happens when a client
disconnects. Don't worry, it's probably only a bug :)

Joris

Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>
Home: 053 4311 553
Mobile: 06 288 41 964

  • (Fwd) Re: [Lcdproc] CVS: segfault, Joris Robijn, 12/01/2001