[Lcdproc] !@#$ing @home shutdown / out-of-contact for a day or so

  • From: wwf AT splatwerks.org (wwf AT splatwerks.org)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] !@#$ing @home shutdown / out-of-contact for a day or so
  • Date: Fri Nov 30 22:35:01 2001

Stupid corporate smegheads couldn't run a network to save their lives ...
oh look, they're losing their shirts! :)

Anyways, I'm one of the 4.5 million North American cable modem subscribers
scheduled to bend over and take one for the team (without lube) tonight at
midnight. I've gotten my mail switched to a friend's server (thanks
Shane!) and that seems to have already propegated out to DNS, so I
shouldn't lose any mail in this move, but it's unlikely I'll have any
actual *access* to it until I can find an alternative means of internet
access. A more permanent location for splatwerks.org is being arranged
now and should hopefully be in place Monday.

So sorry if I'm not too responsive this weekend. I'm one of those "short
sighted" idiot consumers who figured one landline was plenty since I had
a cable modem who will be left out in the cold tonight unless AT&T can
work some corporate magic. :)

Heh. Good thing we never moved any of LCDproc's development stuff onto
my own domain, eh?

  • [Lcdproc] !@#$ing @home shutdown / out-of-contact for a day or so, wwf AT splatwerks.org, 11/30/2001