[Lcdproc] CPU load

  • From: edoardo.serra AT webrainstorm.it (Edoardo Serra)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CPU load
  • Date: Fri Nov 30 21:44:02 2001

Ok, thanks, LCDd is now running without check.pl, we will see.....
In the meanwhile.... writing check.pl I use the skeleton included
in the LCDd distribution, my client is something like:

[...]
$remote = IO::Socket::INET->new(
Proto => "tcp",
PeerAddr => "localhost",
PeerPort => "13666",
);

$remote->autoflush(1);

`sleep 1`; # Give server plenty of time to notice us...

print $remote "hello\n";
my $lcdconnect = <$remote>;

fcntl($remote, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK);

print $remote "client_set name {check}\n";
print $remote "screen_add check\n";
print $remote "screen_set check 128 name {XXXX}\n";
print $remote "widget_add check title title\n";
print $remote "widget_set check title {XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX}\n";
print $remote "widget_add check one string\n";
print $remote "widget_add check two string\n";
print $remote "widget_add check three string\n";
print $remote "widget_set check one 1 2 {xxxxxxxxxxx}\n";

[.... nothing related to LCDd ...]

while (1) {
print $remote "widget_set check two 1 3 {XXXXXXXXXXx}\n";
print $remote "widget_set check three 1 4 {$lcdstring}\n";
sleep 5;

[.... nothing related to LCDd ...]

}

Now.....
which could the problem be with this client ???
Is a bug concerned with perl clients in general or LCDd daemon itself
?
Edoardo