[lcdproc] Future Directions

  • From: n9ubh AT callsign.net (David Douthitt)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Future Directions
  • Date: Mon Oct 1 18:29:01 2001

Ethan Dicks wrote:

> > Has anyone worked on PalmOrb? I'd like to fix that if I could - the
> > project owner (and SOLE developer) hasn't responded to me.
>
> I wrote him a few months ago and he responded to me. What is it you want to
> fix? Personally, I always wanted to crank out a version that worked with
> PalmOS 2.0 because I have this Palm Personal sitting here that would make a
> fine emulator, except that PalmOrb requires the newer serial manager.

On my Palm IIIxe (Palm OS 3.5.2) it gives a constant stream of "error
checking" after anything interesting happens - like turning on the Palm
after a power off (with PalmOrb active) and similar. I believe I've
fixed this.

I checked PalmOrb CVS: hasn't been touched since February 26, 2000.

The program also doesn't handle all of the MatrixOrbital codes, and
doesn't handle keypresses yet either.

It would also be nice to support multiple sizes, such as 40x4, 20x4,
20x2, and so on.