[lcdproc] menustuff

  • From: n9ubh AT callsign.net (David Douthitt)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] menustuff
  • Date: Mon Oct 1 18:22:01 2001

Rene Wagner wrote:

> Another question is how to deal with the different keypads.
> As probably every display has got a different number of keys that send
> different characters, this is to be set in the config file, I guess!
> But how do we actually define a menu or the way it should be controlled
> by a user.

> My suggestion is to use at least four keys.

> 1. UP
> 2. DOWN
> 3. SELECT/OK
> 4. CANCEL

Also, don't forget that there could be multiple key sources. I've not
solved the problem (nor heard a good solution) that arises when two
sources return the same keypad data.

I'd like to make keypresses unique across ALL drivers but don't know
how...

  • [lcdproc] menustuff, David Douthitt, 10/01/2001