[Lcdproc] dynamic drivers patch - take 1

  • From: ed.hunter AT seznam.cz (Ed Hunter)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] dynamic drivers patch - take 1
  • Date: Mon Oct 1 16:42:01 2001

Rene Wagner wrote:

> Do the drivers have to be modified?

For now, they has to:

- define prefix_drv_init()
- be compiled into prefix.so
- use as little calls into the rest of LCD as possible (possibly none
:)) - because these has to be linked into .so files as well - and these
files could have their linker dependences, etc, etc

So if your drivers passes the above, no modifications should be needed

But beware, I will rather make curses define curses_init() than the
other way. And moreover, I would like to change the driver api more
fundamentally, so let it prefix_init() for now :)

Jarda Benkovsky