[lcdproc] more HD44780 questions

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] more HD44780 questions
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:41:58 +0200

> Ive finaly managed to get myself a HD44780 16x2 display..

(...)

> Can anyone tell me what i have done wrong or what should i be checking
> next?. My parallel port is definately on 378, and is currently set to
> 'normal' in my bios. Im running linux mandrake 8..

Hmm, after reading the story, I can't really come up with a solution.

With a small headphone with a resistor of 10k to 47k placed serial, you
can 'hear' the activity on the LPT port. I use this trick a lot to
analyse hardware problems. Using the headphone you can determine if
there is any activity on the LPT port at all.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>