[lcdproc] Driver API

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Driver API
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 19:04:10 +0200

> > I have an other suggestions for a driver API revision. I think we
> > should clear up the flush / frame_flush / draw_frame usage, 'cause
> > it's a mess now. If you ask me, only flush() would be sufficient.
> > Drivers would then decide themselves what they do and don't update.
>
> As in a dirty rectangles implementation (or similar)? Yeah, this could
> do with some improvements. Has anyone got ideas (or code) how to
> accomplish this?

I've looked through the code, and it seems flush_box and draw_frame are
not used at all by the server. Another draw_frame is defined in
render.c, but this one has nothing to do with the API one. So flush_box
and draw_frame are indeed fossils :)

To remove them we should:
1. Remove the functions from the driver API, that is the driver-struct
with the function pointers and cleanup all that is using that.
2. After point 1 is complete, the functions can be removed from the
drivers.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn