[lcdproc] Trouble using FreeBSD and HD44780 drivers

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Trouble using FreeBSD and HD44780 drivers
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:32:34 +0200

> The connection initializer then gets permission for any _extra_ ports
> that that particular connection requires. We already have permission for
> the base port address so the serialLpt driver and winamp drivers don't
> need to gain permission to it again.

Benjamin,

I've been wondering why you choose to do it this way ? Why not just
always reserve all three standard port registers ? Were you thinking
about one application (lcdproc) using the output-pins and an other
application using the input-pins ? I wouldn't mind reserving them all
at once. Gives more transparent code anyway.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>