[lcdproc] Trouble using FreeBSD and HD44780 drivers

  • From: whampton AT staffnet.com (Wade Hampton)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Trouble using FreeBSD and HD44780 drivers
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 07:46:15 -0400

Philip Pokorny wrote:

> > >I'm trying to collect patches to make 0.4.1a... Can you send me your
> > >'cvs diff -u' and I'll add it to a "jumbo" patch for 0.4.1?
> >
> > Here it is!
>
> Thanks!
>
> I was looking at the man page for ioperm, and it recommends against
> <sys/perm.h> in favor of <sys/io.h>. Also, I was wondering if perhaps
> it would better to create a "port_access" function to go with the
> port_in and port_out in port.h that would encapsulate the OS differences
> on getting access to a port. Then each hd44780 driver could call
> port_access for the ports it will be using and port_in/port_out to
> access those ports.
This sounds like a good idea. I strongly encourage such
encapsulation and clean separation of code.

Cheers,
--
W. Wade, Hampton
<whampton AT staffnet.com>

If Microsoft Built Cars: Every time they repainted the
lines on the road, you'd have to buy a new car.
Occasionally your car would just die for no reason, and
you'd have to restart it, but you'd just accept this.