[lcdproc] Again FreeBSD and 0.4.1

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Again FreeBSD and 0.4.1
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:08:29 +0200

> the screen is not cleared but just rewritten, and it's so slow, i can
> see the update rolling over the screen with one char at the time, not a
> complete screen at once, but just one char at the time at about 8..10
> chars/second

This looks like the timing problems that have occured in the past. You
can try an other timing mechanism by commenting a method in/out in
hd44780.c . There are some comment lines in the file that tell you how
to set these method. Can you try that ?

> > What kind of LCD do you have attached?
>
> 40x4 (well actually 2 separate 40x2 displays, but these are the same to
> a 40x4) HD44780 wih winamp style connection

I vaguely remember that the winamp code in the modular HD44780 driver
is a bit incomplete. But it should work anyway. I'll have a look at it
later.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn