[lcdproc] Again FreeBSD and 0.4.1

  • From: kamminga AT telekabel.nl (Age Kamminga)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Again FreeBSD and 0.4.1
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:45:33 +0200

> Well, that's strange... Funny, are you running FreeBSD? bzero was a
> BSD'ism... Maybe we didn't get an include file someplace that caused
> that warning... Line 87 is the FD_ZERO macro. FD_ZERO must be declared
> in terms of bzero...

yep running FreeBSD 4.3R, i'm hardly a beginner at programmnig in windows let
alone in *BSD, so i would know any possible fix

> That's not good. Again, what OS are you using? You probably don't have
> /proc for getting the load averages and CPU information. There is code
> for alternate implementations. It would help to see your config.h.

wel /proc is there with a lot of dirs in it, but none of them, as far as i can
find, carry any information about CPU usage and other stuff

> What do you mean by a screen refresh? Are you saying you can actually
> see the screen cleared and then repainted one character at a time?

the screen is not cleared but just rewritten, and it's so slow, i can see the
update rolling over the screen with one char at the time, not a complete
screen at once, but just one char at the time at about 8..10 chars/second

> What kind of LCD do you have attached?

40x4 (well actually 2 separate 40x2 displays, but these are the same to a
40x4) HD44780 wih winamp style connection

Age Kamminga