[lcdproc] Again FreeBSD and 0.4.1

  • From: ppokorny AT penguincomputing.com (Philip Pokorny)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Again FreeBSD and 0.4.1
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 18:17:09 -0700

Age Kamminga wrote:

> After the modifications made in 0.4.1 it compiles fine except for one
> warning:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -Wall -Wno-unused -O6 -c sock.c
> sock.c: In function `sock_create_server':
> sock.c:87: warning: implicit declaration of function `bzero'

Well, that's strange... Funny, are you running FreeBSD? bzero was a
BSD'ism... Maybe we didn't get an include file someplace that caused
that warning... Line 87 is the FD_ZERO macro. FD_ZERO must be declared
in terms of bzero...

> dont't really know how important this is but when I run lcdproc, after
> succesfully runnig LCDd and getting "clients/screens" screen on my
> display, it gives the following error:
>
> # /usr/local/bin/lcdproc C
> get_load:: Bad file descriptor

That's not good. Again, what OS are you using? You probably don't have
/proc for getting the load averages and CPU information. There is code
for alternate implementations. It would help to see your config.h.

> and then it quits, for 1 one frame it updates the screen and sets the
> number of clients to 1, the next frame its back to 0 again, so it does
> something...

The LCDPROC client is connecting, and then promptly dying.

> not only with the option C but with every option i give, i don't know if
> these 2 error are related, anybody with a possible fix????
>
> and 2nd, the display updates are very slow, with a 40x4 display it takes
> about 4..5 seconds for a screen refresh.
> Could someone look in to that also...

What do you mean by a screen refresh? Are you saying you can actually
see the screen cleared and then repainted one character at a time?

What kind of LCD do you have attached?

:v)

--
Philip Pokorny, Senior Engineer
http://www.penguincomputing.com

Penguin Computing - The World's Most Reliable Linux Systems