[lcdproc] HD44780 help

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] HD44780 help
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 20:32:10 +0200

> I finally got some time and wired up my 20x4 HD44780 according to the
> diagram on the website (lcdproc.omnipotenet.net), but i can't get the
> damned thing to work!

I guess this wiring is incorrect. It uses the RW line, which should not
be used with the current HD44780 drivers.
See the hd44780-4bit.c file or http://robijn.net/lcdproc/wirings.html
for the correct wirings.

> WHat am i doing wrong?

I think you're not doing anything wrong. The website needs some updates
on hardware.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn