[lcdproc] How to set lkd option? (was Re: [lcdproc] Debugging a strange Matrix-Orbital Problem)

  • From: andre.breiler AT rd.bbc.co.uk (Andre Breiler)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] How to set lkd option? (was Re: [lcdproc] Debugging a strange Matrix-Orbital Problem)
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 11:46:50 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, mike wakerly wrote:

> FWIW, a few examples in the man page of how to
> pass driver arguments would help a bunch.

I'm not sure about 0.4.1 but pre10 gives you an example with 'LCDd --help'

> I'm sure I've tried every combination I can think of,
> but LCDproc doesnt like any of these -- usually
> complaining that I'm setting the size field wrong
> (?!):
> LCDd -d MtxOrb -t lkd

Close. Correct would be "LCDd -d MtxOrb '-t lkd'"

> LCDd -d MtxOrb --type=lkd
> LCDd -t lkd -d MtxOrb (well obviously that's
> wrong...)

Yep these two are wrong. If youl like long options then
LCDd -d MtxOrb '--type lkd'
should do the trick.

> I'm sure this is simple ;)

Yes it's trivial if you remind you that two option after -d are allowed
(so spaces are only allowed within a quoted string which you need if you
like to pass any options to the driver).

Bye Andre'
--
Andre' Breiler | Tel: +44 1737 839532
BBC Internet Services | Email: