[lcdproc] How to set lkd option? (was Re: [lcdproc] Debugging a strange Matrix-Orbital Problem)

  • From: mike-list AT wakerly.com (mike wakerly)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] How to set lkd option? (was Re: [lcdproc] Debugging a strange Matrix-Orbital Problem)
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 19:14:44 -0700 (PST)

Hey again!

I tried Andre's advice and got a little bit further...
Except I can't get the LCD option set!

FWIW, a few examples in the man page of how to
pass driver arguments would help a bunch.

I'm sure I've tried every combination I can think of,
but LCDproc doesnt like any of these -- usually
complaining that I'm setting the size field wrong
(?!):
LCDd -d MtxOrb -t lkd
LCDd -d MtxOrb --type=lkd
LCDd -t lkd -d MtxOrb (well obviously that's
wrong...)

I'm sure this is simple ;)

Thanks!
Mike

---- Andre Breiler
<andre.breiler AT rd.bbc.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, mike wakerly wrote:
>
> > I just installed LCDProc to test my Matrix
Orbial
> > 20x4 (LKD -- wide voltage) display. You know,
the one
> > it seems LCDProc was written for.
> >
> > The Problem: When I run LCDd, the display
seems to
> > flicker -- eg, I can see the display refreshing
> > (maybe a dozen or so times per second).
>
> Which version of LCDProc are you running ?
> Which options do you pass to the daemon and
driver ?

> Did you try the driver option '-lkd' ?
>
> This is a known problem with the Matrix display
and here are serveral
> options (switches) for this.
>
> So pleas look into the help "LCDd -d MtxOrb '-
help'" of the driver
> and saerch the maillist archive (I answered this
questions a few day
> before).
>
> > (Incidentally, I've also noticed the back of the
> > display just above the power connection
seems to get
> > very warm; never noticed this before but I'm
sure
> > I've given it the correct [12vDC] voltage.)
>
> This is the voltage regulator (it stabilizes the
voltage to 5vDC) and
> is supposed to become warm.
>
> > [PS: I realize this might end up being a Matrix-
> > Orbital problem, but if no one minds I thought
this
> > list might have a bit broader knowledge; so
far,
> > anyway, I have only had this problem with
LDCproc).]

> See my eplainations in the list archive one or
two months ago.

> Hope it helps,
> Andre'
> --