[lcdproc] Debugging a strange Matrix-Orbital Problem

  • From: andre.breiler AT rd.bbc.co.uk (Andre Breiler)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Debugging a strange Matrix-Orbital Problem
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 19:29:06 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, mike wakerly wrote:

> I just installed LCDProc to test my Matrix Orbial
> 20x4 (LKD -- wide voltage) display. You know, the one
> it seems LCDProc was written for.
>
> The Problem: When I run LCDd, the display seems to
> flicker -- eg, I can see the display refreshing
> (maybe a dozen or so times per second).

Which version of LCDProc are you running ?
Which options do you pass to the daemon and driver ?

Did you try the driver option '-lkd' ?

This is a known problem with the Matrix display and here are serveral
options (switches) for this.

So pleas look into the help "LCDd -d MtxOrb '-help'" of the driver
and saerch the maillist archive (I answered this questions a few day
before).

> (Incidentally, I've also noticed the back of the
> display just above the power connection seems to get
> very warm; never noticed this before but I'm sure
> I've given it the correct [12vDC] voltage.)

This is the voltage regulator (it stabilizes the voltage to 5vDC) and
is supposed to become warm.

> [PS: I realize this might end up being a Matrix-
> Orbital problem, but if no one minds I thought this
> list might have a bit broader knowledge; so far,
> anyway, I have only had this problem with LDCproc).]

See my eplainations in the list archive one or two months ago.

Hope it helps,
Andre'
--
Andre' Breiler | Tel: +44 1737 839532