[lcdproc] New LCDproc client

  • From: wwf AT frontierdev.com (William W. Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] New LCDproc client
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:50:50 -0700

---
crisp AT usuarios.retecal.es's
mailer spewed these beefy chunks ---
> Hi.
>
> First of all, excuse my english. I hope you can understand me :-)
>
> I've made a new client for LCDproc. It's called netLCDclient. It shows
> bandwidth usage of any interface. It has been tested with version
> 0.4.0pre9 and only in Debian GNU/Linux Potato (and Woody) with my
> CrystalFontz display (20x4).
>
> It is very simple and I'm a newbie in Linux programming, so any
> comments and sugerences would be very appreciated (it's my first
> program). Of course, it's distributed under GNU/GPL license.
>
> Some of the code is based on bandwidth monitor 0.2 by 32x
> (www.32x.f2s.com) and the sockets code from LCDproc.
>
> You can get it at www.luisllorente.com in section "Proyectos".

This looks pretty cool! I just added it to the clients page
(http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/clients.php3), thanks for submitting
this (and thanks, Joris, for testing it :).

Does anyone (including the author :) feel up to translating this client
(or documenting it in English)?

--
William W. Ferrell, Senior System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202 1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

<Knghtbrd> Studies prove that research causes cancer in 43% of laboratory
rats

<CQ> knghtbrd- yeah, but 78% of those statistics are off by 52%...