[lcdproc] HD44780 step 2

  • From: nctnico AT cistron.nl (N. Coesel)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] HD44780 step 2
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:20:49 +0100

At 19:38 30-12-2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello.
>First of all thanks for the quick help. The websites were very useful to me!
>Okay, I wired it the way described by A. McMeikan's picture as 4bit.
>The power comes from a harddisk power cable using one black wire as ground
>(pin 1, Vss (GND,OV) at my lcd) and the red one as +5v power (pin 2, Vdd
>(+5v) at my lcd).
>I read somewhere on the web that at system startup the lcd should print
>information on its bios version. But when I turn the power on, it just
prints

Mmm, this seems wrong to me. If you supply power to a 44780 LCD it should
display a horizontal bar (assuming you connected the contrast pot,
otherwise you may not see anything). If anything else appears, something is
wrong.

Nico Coesel

| N C T Developments |
|Innovative solutions for: |
| Electronics * Computers * Internet * Networking * Teleworking |