[lcdproc] 2x20 HD44780 how to?

  • From: zender AT coli.uni-sb.de (Hendrik Zender)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] 2x20 HD44780 how to?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:50:03 +0100

Hello!
I own an LCD made by Samsung which is said to be HD44780 compatible.
It's got 2x20 characters and no backlight.
No I am wondering how to interface this to my pc's parallel port.
It has got 14 pins.
Can anybody please help me. I am quite a newbie to this domain, but one has
to start once...
Okay, I need to know which pins I have to solder to which ones of the
parallel port and how to get power supply, right?
Take care
Hendrik
--
Hendrik Zender