[lcdproc] Live financial data

  • From: Eric Winchell" <e AT kinetictrader.com (Eric Winchell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Live financial data
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 17:14:29 -0600

Greetings,

I'm searching for someone capable of writing a client that can retrieve
real-time information from a financial service such as Reuters or Data
Broadcasting and send it through LCDProc. The client would need to know the
protocol to contact one of these services, log into the account, and catch
the feed of the market(s) or stock(s) specified. I don't think the data
providers have any problem giving out that protocol because charting program
authors have to do it all the time.

At that point William tells me the client would just have to be able to
format the data and send it to LCDProc. How it's displayed isn't real
important - just as long as it is real-time, updating as it receives data
from the feed. I wish I had the ability to write it myself but that is
unrealistic as I don't program at all.

If you're interested in working on something like this let me know!

Regards,
Eric Winchell