[lcdproc] libgtop in LCDproc

  • From: wwf AT frontierdev.com (William W. Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] libgtop in LCDproc
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 16:05:05 -0700

* Chris Debenham - eSun Systems Engineer
(chris.debenham AT aus.sun.com)'s
mailer blew these chunks:
> I too have been working a bit on this (actually I only started a day ago,
> too lazy before then:-) ) and so far have the memory/swap, disk, and uname
> working. I'm in the process of getting uname and load working, but so far
> the needed calls have eluded me, from what I figure it is part of kstat.
> I'll email the list once I get further.
> If you want what I've done so far, drop me an email and i'll send you the
> files

Yes, I'd love to see what you've gotten so far!

The most recent beta release of libgtop actually *does* support Solaris,
so peeking into it to see how *they're* doing it might be immensely
helpful.

I'll be attending a BoF (Birds of a Feather) meeting tonight with the
Sun BigAdmin (a great website with a tragic name ;) folks and some
others; perhaps some folks here have gathered these stats out of the
kernel and have some clues for me... We'll see.

--
William W. Ferrell, Senior System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202 1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

Safety Third.