[lcdproc] libgtop in LCDproc

  • From: chris.debenham AT aus.sun.com (Chris Debenham - eSun Systems Engineer)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] libgtop in LCDproc
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 08:49:41 +1100

I too have been working a bit on this (actually I only started a day ago, too
lazy before then:-) ) and so far have the memory/swap, disk, and uname
working. I'm in the process of getting uname and load working, but so far the
needed calls have eluded me, from what I figure it is part of kstat.
I'll email the list once I get further.
If you want what I've done so far, drop me an email and i'll send you the
files

Chris

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 12:36:59PM -0700, William W. Ferrell wrote in a
legally binding way:
> * Chris Debenham - eSun Systems Engineer
> (chris.debenham AT aus.sun.com)'s
> mailer blew these chunks:
> > Are there any plans or is anyone working on moving the lcdproc client to
> > use libgtop?
> > By doing this we could support any platform that libgtop supports ( I
> > mainly want it for solaris :-) )
>
> I'm actually fairly close to unlocking that magic secret in getting
> Solaris to gimme stats :)
>
> I'm at the LISA 2000 conference in New Orleans right now, and Sun's
> given me lots of free stuff so far (namely Solaris 8 for Intel and Sparc
> :) and lots of ideas.
>
> I've also just discovered that Solaris 8's source is available now from
> Sun. It's not open source, and apparently one has to enter into some
> sort of agreement, but I'm like Chris in that I desperately want LCDproc
> to work in Solaris, so I'll prolly sign up for it :)
>
> Give me a couple weeks and I should have something. I'm very close to
> discovering how to get the stuff out of Solaris 2.6 (although if someone
> wants to tell me *specifically* how to get things like current CPU
> utilization, memory usage, etc. from the Solaris 2.6 kernel, I'd
> appreciate it! :)
>
> My cohort wants to go to lunch (and he won't !@#$ing shut up about it)
> so I'll write back more later.
>
> LISA 2000 is stuffing my head *FULL* of ideas. More later :)
>
> --
> William W. Ferrell, Senior System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
> 950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202 1.303.223.0564
>
> Public key available:
> gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A
>
> Dare to be naive.
> -- R. Buckminster Fuller

,-_|\ Systems Engineer - eSun E-mail :
chris.debenham AT Aus.sun.com
/ \ Sun Microsystems Australia Pty Ltd. Direct : +61 (2) 9844 5188
\_,-\_* 828 Pacific Highway Phone : +61 (2) 9844 5000
v Gordon, N.S.W. 2072 Fax : +61 (2) 9844 5189
Mobile : +61 (40) 9844 514