[lcdproc] libgtop in LCDproc

  • From: wwf AT frontierdev.com (William W. Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] libgtop in LCDproc
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:36:59 -0700

* Chris Debenham - eSun Systems Engineer
(chris.debenham AT aus.sun.com)'s
mailer blew these chunks:
> Are there any plans or is anyone working on moving the lcdproc client to
> use libgtop?
> By doing this we could support any platform that libgtop supports ( I
> mainly want it for solaris :-) )

I'm actually fairly close to unlocking that magic secret in getting
Solaris to gimme stats :)

I'm at the LISA 2000 conference in New Orleans right now, and Sun's
given me lots of free stuff so far (namely Solaris 8 for Intel and Sparc
:) and lots of ideas.

I've also just discovered that Solaris 8's source is available now from
Sun. It's not open source, and apparently one has to enter into some
sort of agreement, but I'm like Chris in that I desperately want LCDproc
to work in Solaris, so I'll prolly sign up for it :)

Give me a couple weeks and I should have something. I'm very close to
discovering how to get the stuff out of Solaris 2.6 (although if someone
wants to tell me *specifically* how to get things like current CPU
utilization, memory usage, etc. from the Solaris 2.6 kernel, I'd
appreciate it! :)

My cohort wants to go to lunch (and he won't !@#$ing shut up about it)
so I'll write back more later.

LISA 2000 is stuffing my head *FULL* of ideas. More later :)

--
William W. Ferrell, Senior System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202 1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

Dare to be naive.
-- R. Buckminster Fuller