[lcdproc] LCDproc input via joystick on parallel port

  • From: Scott Scriven <toykeeper AT cheerful.com> (Scott Scriven)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] LCDproc input via joystick on parallel port
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:46:18 -0700

* Steffen Uhlig
<Steffen.Uhlig AT gmx.net>
wrote:

> Does LCDproc cooperate with a parallel port joystick?

Yes, it does.

I use it with a SNES controller connected to the parallel port.
It works better than a standard joystick -- more buttons, and
no timing glitches. (standard joysticks sometimes get spikes
in their directional controls because the measurements involve
precise timing) It's an asciipad, so I even get free "turbo"
switches. :)

I don't remember where I found the instructions on building a
SNES <--> parallel adapter. Probably on the linux joystick
drivers' page.

I tried to use a Playstation controller once too, but I never
got it to work. Maybe now there is better info on building an
adapter.

_ _ _ _ ___ ___ ------"I don't get even; I get odder."------
( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

/ \ / / //_ //_ | irc:slashnet.org/#LCDproc |