[lcdproc] LCDproc input via joystick on parallel port

  • From: Steffen.Uhlig AT gmx.net (Steffen Uhlig)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] LCDproc input via joystick on parallel port
  • Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 22:41:38 +0100

Hi,

I'm using LCDproc successfully on a number of machines. Good work!

I'm using my laptop to play MP3s in my car and LCDproc (on a Crystal Fontz
display) together with IRMP3. Now I need a simple input device. Since I have
no joystick interface on the laptop I want to build a parallel port
joystick.

Does LCDproc cooperate with a parallel port joystick?

The Linux joystick driver should work with parallel devices, but I don't
know whether the combination parallel port joystick -> LCDproc (-> IRMP3)
works.

TIA

Steffen
--