[lcdproc] HD44780

  • From: wwf AT globalcrossing.com (William W. Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] HD44780
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:00:12 -0700

* Greg Cockburn
(greg AT performancemagic.com)'s
mailer blew these chunks:
> Yes,
>
> As I now have the latest from CVS I will play with that!
>
> Is there any reason why more info is not on the site?
> http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/

Yeah, mostly the author (me) is lazy and hasn't put the stuff up there
:) That and I have a marginal understanding of the parallel-port stuff
we're doing.

> It seems to be a little lacking?? Or are we waiting for a stable
> version V0.5 of LCDd with drivers? until the site is updated?

I think we're waiting on me (*sigh* again) to come up with a decent
start for a protocol before *anything* happens with v0.5.

> Not trying to sound rude or anything I know you all probably do this in
> your spare time as I do and spend about as much time updating the site
> as I do mine, but I'm sure there's many of us willing to lend a hand.

I'm curious what people think of me puttin the web site on sourceforge
and letting multiple folks have access to it to make their changes and
such.

My only real complaint about Sourceforge so far is that actually getting
password resets done is damned near impossible sometimes; three times
now I've gotten e-mail saying "Your password has been reset!" but the
mail always leaves me wondering "reset to *what*?" since they don't
bother to include what it's been reset to.

--
William W. Ferrell, Senior System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202 1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

Center meeting at 4pm in 2C-543.