[lcdproc] What MP3 jukeboxes do you use with LCDproc?

  • From: chris AT moffitts.net (Chris Moffitt)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] What MP3 jukeboxes do you use with LCDproc?
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:44:37 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to Ben, I've been able to get my HD44780 running with LCDProc's
latest CVS code. Now, I'm trying to integrate this into my own home-
brew MP3 jukebox. I've looked at a couple different software packages
out there and haven't found one that works yet. Does anyone have any
luck with any of these -

1) Cajun : Looks like the best option, but it does not use LCDProc to
drive the LCD interface. It only works natively with the Crystal Fontz
and Matrix Orbital serial displays. There is a kernel module you can
use for the HD44780 based displays, but it requires a slightly
different wiring than the standard winamp style. Ideally, I think
Cajun should support LCDProc (why duplicate efforts), but I'm not sure
how big a job that would be.

2) Irmp3 : Looks like it will do what I need but it doesn't work with
the latest LCDproc. Anyone know if someone is working on this?

3) MP3SB : May be a good option, but I can't see exactly how it
interfaces with the LCD. Once again, it seems like it should use
LCDProc, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to port it.

Anyway, is there any other project out there that I'm missing? I could
work on my own-home brew solution, but I hate to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks for your input,
Chris