[lcdproc] HD44780

  • From: benjamin_tse AT agilent.com (TSE,BENJAMIN (A-Australia,ex1))
  • Subject: [lcdproc] HD44780
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:30:24 +0900

Hi Greg,

> I have changed my H/W for the "winamp" style 8 bit mode.
>
> All works perfectly!
>
> I will post my diagram for wiring on my site soon.
> If someone already has this I won't! I am using an Optrex DMC
> 40457N. I
> don't think anyone has a diagram for this. If I am wrong let me know.

Before you post the diagram, just a few questions:

- Is the Optrex module just a plain old HD44780?
- Does your wiring add anything new?
- If not, how different is your wiring?

If the answer to the second question is no, then I don't think that we
should support it. There are enough variants to make this software a pain to
maintain. If the Optrex module is just another HD44780 then Optrex must have
a data sheet that describes how their pins map to the standard HD44780 pins
- there's probably little value in repeating this information.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,
Ben