[lcdproc] HD44780

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] HD44780
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:45:50 +0100

> On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, TSE,BENJAMIN (A-Australia,ex1) wrote:
>
> > - 8-bit versions have been done. Why waste time creating another
> > version with slightly different wiring? The web-site below details
> > possible wiring techniques.
>
> Does anyone have the wiring diagrams. The webpage has links to the
> actual wiring diagrams, but like so many links, they are dead.

I suggest this be documented better than now. I prefer the Winamp-style
interface myself. There are a dozen wirings around now, and I'ld
suggest the first priority is to see what the advantages are of various
wirings. A FAQ or something would be very nice.

I've made some extensions to the Winamp style wiring, namely 4 keys and
backlighting. I'll have my (updated) wiring online in a couple of day.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>