[lcdproc] HD44780

  • From: matt AT mail.rcinfo.net (mberglund)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] HD44780
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:41:39 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, TSE,BENJAMIN (A-Australia,ex1) wrote:

> - 8-bit versions have been done. Why waste time creating another version
> with slightly different wiring? The web-site below details possible wiring
> techniques.

Does anyone have the wiring diagrams. The webpage has links to the actual
wiring diagrams, but like so many links, they are dead.

I would be willing to do a write up for the faq we're talking about if
somebody can get me the 8-bit drawings. I have not seen a way to run one
of these without another port external to the parallel port (for the extra
control line). Email me a pic, or diagram, and I'll write a blurb on it,
if it works.

> > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hardware/6677/hd44780/m
> > odular-driver.html

I am glad to see some interest here.