[lcdproc] Compiling latest CVS source

  • From: greg AT performancemagic.com (Greg Cockburn)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Compiling latest CVS source
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 20:03:06 +1300

Hi,

No I have no idea what's going on!

I have the same problem. It is solely related to the HD44780 driver.
(this is what my lcd is based on) It is in lcd_sem.c. This is semaphore
code to mediate access to the lp port.

I have no idea how a 'union' type/function works. Is this from C++?

Anyone with a bit more knowledge able to take a quick look at this and
point me in the right direction (or at least tell me about a union) and
I'll work the rest out?

thanks

Chris Moffitt wrote:

> I've been trying to compile the latest CVS source (on a Linux 2.2.16
> box). When I try to compile the HD44780 drivers using the following
> command : ./configure --enable-drivers=all
>
> I get the following error -
>
> lcd_sem.c: In function 'sem_get':
> lcd_sem.c:69: storage size of 'semval' isn't known
> lcd_sem.c: In function 'sem_remove':
> lcd_sem.c:142: storage size of 'dummy' isn't knoown
> make[3]:*** [lcd_sem.o] Error 1
>
> If I don't use the enable-drivers=all switch, then make works fine.
>
> Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
>
> Thanks for your help

Greg Cockburn
Performance Magic
Wellington
New Zealand
Phone +64 4 971 1980
Mobile +64 25 275 6378
ICQ# 19058919

http://www.performancemagic.com/

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings....
They did it by killing all those who opposed them.

All prices quoted are GST exclusive. Qoutes hava a life of one month,
after which time Performance Magic reserves the right to make changes if

necessary.