[lcdproc] HD44780

  • From: benjamin_tse AT agilent.com (TSE,BENJAMIN (A-Australia,ex1))
  • Subject: [lcdproc] HD44780
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:00:23 +0900

Hi guys,

A few things to keep in mind before you all go off and code another version
to the HD44780 drivers:

- The latest version is in sourceforge. Download it and compile. I need a
little help finding the semaphore operations on some systems - if you can
provide me with some extra info (e.g. distribution, or just go through some
man pages) we can fix this.

- 8-bit versions have been done. Why waste time creating another version
with slightly different wiring? The web-site below details possible wiring
techniques.

- Display times have been improved - Charles has made further refinements
here (once again use the version on sourceforge).

- The version at the website below is functional - it was very decent timing
but doesn't have Charles' further timing improvements. Nevertheless, it
describes some of the new functions added in the past 6 months.

Chris, can you elaborate on how the heartbeat doesn't work?

There regularly seems to be email about same HD44780 problems. I suggest
reading the webpage below or the HD44780 readme file in sourceforge. Even
better, maybe it's time for a FAQ or details on the webpage.

Cheers,
Ben