[lcdproc] HD44780

  • From: matt AT fxp.org (matt)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] HD44780
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 01:22:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I'm new to the list, but I happened upon a VFD that uses an HD44780
interface. I would like to use the 8-bit interface as well, but I don't
understand how the lcd-0.152 system strobes the R/W line? It is not
connected to anything from the diagrams I just downloaded.

Does lcdproc do the 8 bit mode internally yet, and if so, where do we get
the extra control line? I am looking into a gate system that could be used
with serial port to assist in the control signal generation.

Ideas?

> you have re-written? I am particularly interested in changing to 8 bit
> mode aswell and the only changed updated characters bit.

I look forward to a good discussion on this.

Later,
Matt