[lcdproc] Newbie questions [SUMMARY]

  • From: jless AT gmx.net (Jaepke Lesselich)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Newbie questions [SUMMARY]
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:42:02 +0200

I jsut don't know which mails had gone to the list, and which
directly to other people, so here is the summary:

- LCDproc runs much too slow (3..4 times) only when writing to the
HD44780, in text or curses mode, the speed is OK.

- client crashes at some screens (CPU, BigClock, )
the CPU screen produces no errormessage,
lcdproc shows "huh? Shut up!" after BigClock crashes

> ok, try grabbing a copy from http://sourceforge.net/projects/lcdproc/ it is
> more likely to be correct, or go to http://opendesign.cx for an older (but
> should work well) copy (on the LCD page).

I tried the versions 0.4pre[2..9], always the same result
The archieves from sourceforge or opendesign seems to be
identical with the ones on lcdproc.omnipotent.net. (at least the
error...)
The 0.3.x.x version are _only_ for MatrixOrbital Displays, so I cant
run them, right?

> Sounds like you have tried most everything else :)
Has anyone another creative idea I could test, or can at least anyone tell me
why it isn't running?

JL