[lcdproc] Some emulation-related questions

  • From: madmatt AT bits.bris.ac.uk (Matthew J Dainty)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Some emulation-related questions
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:21:45 +0100 (BST)

As I have been busily coding this emulator, I am starting to get some of
the basic code in place, but I have some questions that maybe some of you
LCD'ers can answer:

1) Where does the MtxOrb store the custom characters? I figure the only
common space between the LCD and VFD models is characters 0-15. Is this
correct? Or are they separate from the standard 256 characters?

2) Thanks for the Crystal URL, does anyone know where I can get the
bitmaps of all the characters used by the Crystal displays? I've got the
MtxOrb ones from the manual that came with my display, but I can't find
the Crystal ones...any ideas?

Thanks

Matt