[lcdproc] cross platform

  • From: runge AT rostock.zgdv.de (Thomas Runge)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] cross platform
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:31:25 +0200

While there is much noise (and less code) on this list I took
my FreeBSD-patches, ported them from pre8 to pre9 and added
NetBSD support. Right now I'm in the progress of cleaning up
the code, if you want a quick snapshot, just ask me.

But doing so, I found another weak point. The lcdproc client
should be splitted up in platform dependend and independed
parts. Right now I hacked some #ifdef's into the source, but
thats not a final solution if some more platforms get added.
Maybe we should put the routines getting the statistics into
a separate file which we can exchange for different platforms.

--
Tom