[lcdproc] README: Screwup and a retraction

  • From: wwf AT frontierdev.com (William W. Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] README: Screwup and a retraction
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:46:52 -0600

All,

Yesterday I posted to the list in response to a message and among other
things suggested going with Crystal Fontz instead of Matrix Orbital
primarily because of price.

Welp, it turns out the prices I listed were way off. Here's what Rob
Hansen said yesterday after he spotted that:

--
The pricing is all wrong, by the way. You can get a full graphic 122
x 32 in a 4x20 size with keypad interface for $79. 4x20

He didn't mention *where* to get these prices, but I assume it's either
through direct-order from Matrix Orbital or through a different
distributor than the ones I sampled.

So they're still pricier, but not by nearly as much. If you forego the
keypad support, they're right in line with the other serial displays.

Dammit, I hate trying to stay "objective". It's damned near impossible
when vendors give you free samples.

Oh well, my apologies to Matrix Orbital for that little smeg-up.

--
William W. Ferrell, System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202 1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

"Apathy is not the problem, it's the solution"