[lcdproc] ANSWER: Where is the X Matrix Orbital emulator.

  • From: wwf AT frontierdev.com (William W. Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] ANSWER: Where is the X Matrix Orbital emulator.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:41:56 -0600

* Matt
(madmatt AT bits.bris.ac.uk)'s
mailer blew these chunks:
> David Glaude wrote:
>
> | Don't forget those GPO(?) General Purpose Output that you have on the
> Matrix
> | Orbital.
> | If you find a place to graphicaly show virtual LED,
> | then we could test GPO without having to actualy distroy LED
> | (I am very good at doing this and very bad at soldering job).
>
> Are those pins just for LEDs? I saw them mentioned in the manual, but I
> wasn't sure what you can and can't solder onto them. If they're just for
> LEDs, then sure, how hard can it be? :)
>
> | Now why emulate a Matrix Orbital rather than a Cristal(?) LCD?
>
> Purely because I have the manual with all the commands in it for Matrix
> Orbital :) I don't own a Crystal Fontz display, but if someone wants to
> either send me, or direct me towards the command documentation, I'll
> gladly add that to it. Make it a general LCD/VFD display emulator then...

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/634/634full.pdf

Just about as easy as the MtxOrb displays to control. They actually have
a couple nifty features -- they can automatically draw the bar graphs we
were doing on the MtxOrb, only a bit better:

MtxOrb, you draw the whole bar, then have to wipe the "empty" part of
the bar graph. These guys just take x1, x2, and val, and handle the
rest. They also do scrolling marques automatically. Oh, and they can be
fed bitmap patterns to use in drawing bar graphs. Drool. :)

--
William W. Ferrell, System Administrator, Global Crossing Ltd.
950 17th St Ste 2200, Denver, CO 80202 1.303.223.0564

Public key available:
gpg --keyserver certserver.pgp.com --recv-key 7478FC7A

There are running jobs. Why don't you go chase them?